Crunchbase makes a CSV export available for developers seeking to access Crunchbase data without coding against the REST API. The export is updated each morning and includes separate files for companies, people, funding rounds, acquisitions, and IPOs. Enterprise or Applications Access is required to download the CSV files.
The CSV export is a compressed TAR file containing the following files:
- organizations.csv - All organizations in Crunchbase
- people.csv - All people in Crunchbase
- funding_rounds.csv - Detail for each funding round in the dataset
- investors.csv - Active investors including organizations and individuals
- investments.csv - Mapping between investors and investments
- investment_partners.csv - Partners who are responsible for their firm's investments
- acquisitions.csv - Detail for each acquisition in the dataset
- ipos.csv - Detail for each IPO in the dataset
- organization_descriptions.csv - Long descriptions for organizations
- jobs.csv - List of all job and advisory roles
- events.csv - Detail for each event in the dataset
- event_relationship.csv - Detail for each event participant in the dataset
- category_groups.csv - Mapping between categories and category groups
If you are not already a licensee, you can download a sample CSV export. The sample contains data for about 50 companies.
Access to the Excel Export Requires an Enterprise or Applications License
If you are not already registered for a Crunchbase Data account, register here.
To access the CSV files, follow these steps:
Locate your User Key. The user key is a 32 character string that you should have received by email after signing up for Crunchbase data. If you have not received your user key, please contact support.
Enter URL Into Your Browser. Once you’ve located your user key, type the following URL address into your browser and replacing "user_key" with the value that you received in your email.
For example, if your "user_key" is
1a2b3c4d5e6f7g8h9i0j, you would type:
Press Enter Key to Begin Download. Once the correct URL is in the address bar, press “Enter” (or "Return") and the download should begin automatically. If the download does not begin, please contact support.
We encourage you to leverage the CSV Export for your internal business and research needs. You are also welcome to publish analysis and aggregate statistics derived from the Crunchbase dataset. Unless otherwise noted in your license (see License Agreement and Data Access Terms), you may not license, sublicense, sell, offer to sell, distribute or otherwise provide any of the Crunchbase data to any third parties.
When sharing information about the data, follow these attribution requirements.
- Attribution must be accompanied by a hyperlink to Crunchbase
- If content being attributed is primarily about one entity, link must point to that entity on Crunchbase.
- Link must be plainly visible to end user
- Link must be in close proximity to the attributed data
- Link must be visible to Internet spiders (e.g. Googlebot)
- Link cannot include the “nofollow” tag"